Please feel free to contact Professor Lessig directly. His email is below.
Before you do, please read the following:
- If you have any questions involving his schedule, you MUST contact his assistant. Do not — regardless of who you are or how well you know Lessig — try to schedule him or direct his schedule without also contacting his assistant. His assistant controls his schedule. Lessig ONLY does what his schedule says. Lessig always forgets promises made without his assistant.
- If you are requesting an interview, please contact his assistant.
- If you are a Harvard student, you should always write to Professor Lessig directly with any question you like. But again, anything affecting his schedule (recommendation letters, meetings, etc.) please also correspond with his assistant.
- If you are a non-Harvard student with a research question, Professor Lessig is happy to answer questions about his work. Questions of the form, “I’m doing research about the Internet, can you send me some information?” will be answered with a link to this page.
- If you are a non-Harvard student with any other question or any other idea, please read the following:
I apologize, but I am declaring a non-essential-email moratorium. I have three kids, I have a demanding job, and I am trying to do as much as I possibly can to reform a corrupted political system. It has taken me too long to recognize that I can either do my jobs, or answer email, but I can’t do both.
So if you’re writing with general questions, or with an idea about how I might do a different kind of reform, or with a request that I answer a series of questions about whatever, you’ll get a reply that links you with this page.
I am sorry for this, but time is too short, and there is much too much to get done. I am happy to read what you send, or at least, as much as I can. And if there’s a link I think might make sense to pursue, I will. But within this category, I am sorry, but the default is the default for a tweet: No reply should be expected.
You can contact Lessig’s assistant, Lisa Ananias, either by email, phone (+1.617.384.0352), or the mail address for Lessig below.
You may contact Lessig by email, or by mail:
Harvard Law School
1563 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
Lessig's current assistant is Lisa Ananias.
You can contact her either by email or by phone (+1-617-384-0352).
All scheduling is handled by Lessig's assistant. Please always confirm any commitments through her.
If you are from the press (in the broad sense of that term today) and have questions, please email Lessig directly at this address. There is no need to send such questions through Lessig's assistant. Lessig will reply as he can.
If you need to coordinate an interview or assure an immediate response, please contact Lessig's assistant here.
If you would like to invite Lessig to speak, here's a guide:
Any invitation to a non-academic, non-commercial event should be directed to Lessig's assistant. Her email is here.
Any invitation to an academic event should be directed to Lessig directly. Best email is this.